The Heracell™ VIOS 160i CO2
incubator with the Cell Locker™ system is an innovative solution of removable, protected chambers designed for improved culturing efficiency and security for sensitive cultures.
6 individual, autoclavable PC chambers divide the incubator chamber, isolating individual cell types or projects. Each Cell Locker™ chamber has dual 0.2 µm membrane filters that permit air circulation but exclude microbial contaminants. When a Cell Locker™ chamber is opened, the others remain stable, preserving the in vitro environment.
- 165 l interior chamber with 6 segmented, gas tight inner doors and 3 shelves designed to accommodate 6 individual Cell Locker™ chambers.
- Choice of electropolished stainless steel or 100 % pure copper chamber interior.
- When one Cell Locker™ chamber is opened, the other Cell Locker™ chambers maintain stable conditions, preserving the in vitro environment.
- Compared to the standard single glass door design, the temperature drop in the opened Cell Locker™ chamber is reduced by 50 %.
- With the Cell Locker™ system, gas consumption from a door opening is reduced by 50 %.
- Cell Locker™ chamber can be manually disinfected or can be autoclaved.