For years, the choice between manual and automated cell counting has been a difficult one. Manual cell counting is accurate but time-consuming and very user-dependent. Automated cell counting is much faster and less user-dependent, but the cost of disposable counting slides can be an issue. The Corning®
Cell Counter is the first automated cell counter that combines the best of both.
The counter uses a sophisticated Deep Neural Network for cell detection. This state-of-the-art image analysis software allows for optimal accuracy. When Trypan Blue is added the system can also detect cell viability. The counter can detect clusters of cells, which leads to accurate cell counts of 'highly concentrated samples' (up to 1 x 107 cells / ml).
- Fast: thanks to its online image processing.
- Accurate: thanks to its cloud-based machine learning algorithm.
- Low-cost: it works with common reusable glass hemocytometer. No consumables required.
- Easy to use: thaks to the CytoSMART™ Cloud App.
- Cell counts in less than 3 seconds*: utilising the CytoSMART™ Cloud App, it can process the images in the Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform. This means that it can analyse images faster.
- Accessible data anywhere: the reports are instantly shown on your computer and sent to the CytoSMART™ Cloud App, enabling you to look up the analysed image and cell count on your smartphone, tablet or computer.