The Lab Mat by Heathrow Scientific is an economical solution to help keep benchtops clean and safe from stains, spills and wear. Made from a durable FDA approved silicone material that creates a stain resistant washable working surface. It offers a large working surface that is anti-skid which, when dealing with harsh chemicals and delicate glassware, helps to keep items in place and prohibits the lab mat from sliding out from underneath. Its surface is also noise dampening, reducing sound from the vibration of common benchtop equipment. The lab mat can be used with items such as centrifuges, vortex mixers, hot plates, stirrers, pipettes etc. When using the mat with magnetic stirrers there is a designated area with internal metal inserts to keep stir bars from wandering around the working surface. A lip design around the outer edge of the mat helps contain spillage that may occur when in use keeping benchtops safe and clean.
- Reusable, reliable, and reversible.
- Made from FDA food grade silicone.
- Ideal for every type of laboratory and more specialized areas such as cold rooms, clean rooms, sterile suites and areas where high sterility is a requirement.
- Protect countertops from hot items up to 200 ºC.
- Washable with standard disinfectants in sinks or dishwashers, allow for easy cleaning for repetitive uses.
- Chemically inert: it does not react with most chemicals.
- The mat can be rolled up for compact storage.
- Autoclavable at 121 ºC for 15 minutes.