The surfaces of the Ultra Low Retention tips are produced through a special, physicochemical process. The homogeneous, defect-free surface thus produced has extremely low surface tension - over 50 % less than PTFE. This significantly reduces sample loss and provides substantially higher reproducibility when working with critical media.
- Ideal for biological samples that contain detergents such as Triton® X-100, SDS, Tween etc.
- No additives that can be leached out, no siliconisation of the surface.
- High chemical resistance: ideal for working with solvents.
- The tips can be autoclaved at 121 °C (2 bar) without damaging the material properties.
Non-self-sealing filter tips
from BRAND have a PE filter that is free from chemical additives. Permeability is controlled by the combination of pore size and filter length, so that no aerosols can reach the pipette shaft. These filters function with consistent reliability. On the other hand, liquids can pass very slowly should they accidentally contact the filter. Since the filter does not swell as in the case of self-sealing filter tips, the sample can be recovered from the filter by simply actuating the pipette's blow-out function or by centrifugation if necessary. This is clearly an important advantage of non-self-sealing filters, especially when working with valuable samples. As an added advantage, the absence of filter additives protects samples from this source of contamination.
- All sizes up to 1000 µl available in 96-unit format.
- Dual function: hinged and push-on lid, simply rotate 180° to change closure method.
- Opening and closing with one hand: the clamping mechanism holds the tip-tray securely in the box.
- Transparent window for better all-round visual inspection.
- No deflection during tip loading: the tip-tray is fabricated from especially rigid PP.
- Usable with a partially loaded multichannel pipette: the rimless tip-tray border enables problem-free loading of individual pipette tips with multichannel instruments.
- Coloured tip-trays with side panel labelling: content of the box is always clearly visible.